[arch-dev-public] [RFC] replace traceroute

Gaetan Bisson bisson at archlinux.org
Wed Jun 13 04:42:24 EDT 2012

[2012-06-12 10:47:25 -0400] Stéphane Gaudreault:
> The new traceroute seems to have a more active upstream maintainer and
> it is the version included in most major distro [1].

Does it have a public repository? I can't seem to find one.

> I do not have a
> strong opinion about uploading it in [core] or [extra], so [core] could
> be fine. However, I do not like to include things from different
> projects/upstream in a single package.

Sure. My main concern is that ping and traceroute stay in base.

Then I find it simpler to provide those tools in the same package from
the same upstream, rather than splitting them off - but that's also
because I see nothing wrong with the current traceroute.

Anyway, I've stated my opinion. Now the decision is yours. :)

Cheers.

--
Gaetan