[arch-dev-public] Repo Hierarchy for Makedepends

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Thu May 10 10:40:46 EDT 2012

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 3:28 AM, Allan McRae <allan at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Do we care about makedepends being in repos lower down the hierarchy?
>
> The current Integrity Check email lists >170 issues in this category.
> If these are never going to be addressed, I suggest we remove it from
> the output so that the more important errors are focused on.

My two cents:

We should let core makedepend on extra.

We should not let anything makedepend on AUR (I know we currently have
optdepends on AUR, but I don't have an opinion on that).

If possible, we should avoid makedepends from core/extra to community,
but I don't know if this would cause a lot of problems. It is
definitely better to have a package maintained in community than
unmaintained in extra.

Cheers,

Tom