[arch-dev-public] Big changes to LVM2 in testing

Lukas Jirkovsky l.jirkovsky at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 12:27:32 EDT 2012

On 1 November 2012 16:54, Thomas Bächler <thomas at archlinux.org> wrote:
> Am 01.11.2012 16:50, schrieb Lukas Jirkovsky:
>> I think this deserves a post to the news sections, if you do not plan
>> to do that already.
>
> Why? The essential information is in the post_install and everything
> will "just work" after the change (except maybe monitoring).

Mostly because people are incorrigible and a lot of them ignores the
install messages and sometimes they just miss it when updating more
packages at one (even though in this case the message is rather long,
so it should be left unnoticed).

Also in my opinion it's always good to inform users that good things
are going to happen. Users like such news.

But that's just my 2¢

Lukas