[arch-dev-public] steam in our repos?

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Wed Nov 14 23:56:57 EST 2012

Hi all,

I just noticed that steam was put into the multilib repo. It's
unfortunate that such questionable packages are brought into our repos
without any discussion (similar case are the catalyst drivers).

My concern is it's license here. We modify and redistribute steam here
which is probably not allowed according to 1.B of steam's license. So
unless I am wrong here or there is a written permission from Valve
please remove this package asap.

PS: It would be great if people would send a mail to this list before
they add random packages; especially if they don't have a free license.

Greetings,

Pierre