[arch-dev-public] [HEADSUP] Arch boot splash

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Sat Dec 21 12:07:37 EST 2013

Hi guys,

I thought I'd let you know that I just pushed a new version of
gummiboot to [testing] which now has support for showing a
splash-screen at boot [0].

I shipped it with the Arch Linux logo
(/usr/lib/gummiboot/splash-arch.bmp), which can be copied to
/boot/EFI/gummiboot/splash.bmp if you want to test it out (eventually
this will 'just work', but we are not quite there yet).

If your UEFI firmware is messed up, you may need to specify the
background color in /boot/loader/loader.conf as, say, "background
#C0C0C0" (which is the Mac background color).

I figure this might be interesting to use on our isos?

Cheers,

Tom

[0]: <https://plus.google.com/+TomGundersen/posts/FcVxvSqFc9M>