[arch-dev-public] syslinux update to 5.01

Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi vmlinuz386 at yahoo.com.ar
Mon Feb 4 11:17:04 EST 2013

On 02/01/2013 01:13 PM, Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi wrote:
> On 01/31/2013 12:09 PM, Tobias Powalowski wrote:
>> Hi,
>> ok syslinux 5.0 series should come to testing again.
>> The problem with this release:
>> You need to copy all .c32 modules to your /boot/syslinux path.
>> - Those who used our shipped install script, will end up in a none menu
>> based syslinux shell.
>> - Manual installers need to do the same or it will stay on the old version.
>>
>> I think manual installers should know how to update a major version from
>> syslinux.
>>
>> Do we need a install message? And yes what should it mention?
>>
>> Thanks for your input on this task.
>> greetings
>> tpowa
>>

> I reported described issues to syslinux mailing list (looks like need
> approval, so I can not paste links now)
>
> I still more time to research and report why PXE (gpxelinux.0) is broken
> with 5.01 (does not found UI or DEFAULT directive in config file).

(please do not move syslinux 5.01 to [core], thanks)

Just for reference:

5.01 whichsys.c32 / ifcpu64.c32 does not execute labels
http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2013-February/019423.html

5.01 BOOT_IMAGE= is missing in cmdline but path appears two times
http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2013-February/019424.html

5.01 problems with gpxelinux.0 (file paths related TFTP and HTTP)
http://www.syslinux.org/archives/2013-February/019426.html

--
Gerardo Exequiel Pozzi
\cos^2\alpha + \sin^2\alpha = 1