[arch-dev-public] [RFC] Add Wayland/Weston

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at seblu.net
Wed Feb 13 18:38:38 EST 2013

On Fri, Feb 8, 2013 at 1:23 AM, Sébastien Luttringer <seblu at seblu.net> wrote:
> Hello gentleman,
>
> Wayland is now in version 1.0.4[1]. I plan to move it to community to
> offer a first support of the wayland protocol into Archlinux.
> This will allow toolkit[2][3] packages to smoothly enable wayland
> support when maintainers wants and let users try this
> next-to-systemd-troll[4].
>
> After Wayland I would add the demo compositor Weston to our community
> repositories. To do this we needs to:
> - enable wayland support into mesa ;
> - enable wayland support into cairo.
>
> If the both maintainers agreed to add support, we need to find a
> gentle developper which can move wayland to extra[5].

Some news from the front:
- Wayland is in extra, thanks to Tom G. for moving it.
- Mesa and cairo have their wayland backend enabled in testing, thanks
to Andreas R.
- Weston is in community-testing. You can now play with the first
wayland compositor/windows-manager.

Cheers,

--
Sébastien "Seblu" Luttringer