[arch-dev-public] Starting work on TeXLive 2013

Rémy Oudompheng remyoudompheng at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 17:52:56 EDT 2013

2013/7/2 Federico Cinelli <cinelli.federico at gmail.com>:
> On 07/02/2013 12:19 AM, Felix Yan wrote:
>> On Tuesday, July 02, 2013 09:15:06 Rémy Oudompheng wrote:
>>> The packages are ready but they will tend to install /etc/texmf files
>>> as .pacnew instead of replacing the old ones. When it happens fmtutil
>>> will not unhappy and the things will be unusable until the user
>>> overwrites the old files with the pacnews then re-runs "fmtutil --all"
>>> as root.
>>>
>>> What do you advise? Leave the behaviour as is and write instructions
>>> in the news page? Forcibly overwriting old files?
>>
>> I would prefer just echo these notes in .install.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Felix Yan
>>
> Just wondering how everything is going with these packages. Also, is
> there anything that I can do to help with the process?

The packages are already done. TeXlive is hardly the last thing I am
doing for Arch, and it's only one release per year.

Any help is welcome, at the moment the process remains quite smooth.
Improvements and documentation will be needed: the scripts are
diverging more and more from François Charette's version and I have
not be very careful cleaning them up.

Rémy.