[arch-dev-public] Starting work on TeXLive 2013

Rémy Oudompheng remyoudompheng at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 17:56:16 EDT 2013

On 2013/7/2 Rashif Ray Rahman <schiv at archlinux.org> wrote:
> An official announcement is useful here because it requires user
> intervention. An install message is not appropriate (i.e. not
> sufficient for the problem at hand).
>
> So, yes, if there is no other way to solve this you should post a news
> announcement explaining the reason why this intervention is required
> and the steps to take in order to solve it.

I think we can try that. I will upload the current version of packages
to [testing]. I don't think it is a common practice to sliently
overwrite files in /etc, but I don't understand why new files get
installed as .pacnew.

I have tried the upgrade path from a clean Texlive 2012 install and it
does not replace the old files.

Rémy.