[arch-dev-public] [FYI] systemd 205, cgroup attribute changes

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Thu Jul 4 12:56:21 EDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 02:44:12PM -0400, Dave Reisner wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 03, 2013 at 12:48:49PM -0400, Dave Reisner wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > systemd 205 was just tagged, and brings some major, promised, cgroup changes
> > [1]. I'll be pushing this into [testing] tonight. I do NOT expect that this
> > release will ever move to [core], but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.
> >
> > The NEWS file [2] is fairly large and warrants a read, particularly about the
> > new machine API.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Dave
> >
> > [1] http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2013-June/011521.html
> > [2] http://cgit.freedesktop.org/systemd/systemd/tree/NEWS
>
> On second thought, this may not be hitting [testing] so soon. systemd
> --user sessions will be broken, and I need to work out exactly what's
> happening with some of the applets like logind. I think the best course
> of action for this upgrade may be to simply advise a reboot.

If anyone wants a package to play with anyways, I've setup a repo:

[falconindy]
Server = http://repo.falconindy.com/$arch

Apologies if your DNS hasn't caught up for the A record yet -- you can
find it on he.net:

$ host repo.falconindy.com ns1.he.net

level3 and openDNS seem to have scavenged the record already, while
google has not.

Have fun.