[arch-dev-public] [mkinitcpio] Release 0.14.0

Dave Reisner d at falconindy.com
Wed May 1 23:43:36 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I've just released mkinitcpio 0.14.0 into the wild which is a mix of bug
fixes and new features[1]. I wanted to point out that because of a fix for
FS#34255, mkinitcpio will now report when *all* possible firmware cannot
be found for a module.

Users with the "block" hook in their HOOKS may see warnings show up for
missing firmware on some unfamiliar modules during creation of the
fallback image. Please note that these are warnings *only* and can
generally be ignored. Obviously, if you start seeing warnings about
missing firmware your modules you do use, you'll appreciate this change.

New bugs can always be reported on https://bugs.archlinux.org.

Cheers,
Dave

[1]https://projects.archlinux.org/mkinitcpio.git/log/?id=0.13.0..0.14.0