[arch-dev-public] Proposal for a new virtual package: polkit-authentication-agent

Jan de Groot jan at jgc.homeip.net
Sat Oct 5 10:51:05 EDT 2013

On za, 2013-10-05 at 00:43 +0200, Balló György wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to propose a new virtual package called
> 'polkit-authentication-agent'.

IMHO polkit authentication agents should be just as default as an X
server. We don't depend on xorg-server for graphical applications
either.

GNOME includes one by default, KDE includes one by default.
xfce4-session should just depend on one.

As for providing it: makes no sense. gnome-shell could provide one, but
if you use xfce and have gnome-shell, you'll never get to use the polkit
agent in gnome-shell.