[arch-dev-public] systemd 207 ignores /etc/sysctl.conf

Pierre Schmitz pierre at archlinux.de
Fri Sep 13 07:12:20 EDT 2013

Hi,

a new features in systemd 207 is to no longer read /etc/sysctl.conf.
Instead /etc/sysctl.d/*.conf has to be used. Imho this needs a news item
and we also need to think about what to do with the file we ship as part
of procps-ng.

>From the systemd changelog:
        * The systemd-sysctl tool no longer natively reads the
          file /etc/sysctl.conf. If desired, the file should be
          symlinked from /etc/sysctl.d/99-sysctl.conf. Apart from
          providing legacy support by a symlink rather than built-in
          code, it also makes the otherwise hidden order of application
          of the different files visible.

Greetings,

Pierre