[arch-dev-public] Making !staticlibs the default in makepkg.conf

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Sun Sep 29 03:36:51 EDT 2013

All this recent talk about static libs reminded me that we added
options=(!staticlibs) to makepkg-4.1 to automatically remove them, with
the idea of enabling it by default.

My plan is:
 - build pacman with updated makepkg.conf
 - update devtools to have this in the makepkg.conf
 - set up a rebuild list

The rebuild is to allow people that really need static libraries
(toolchain etc) to add options=(staticlibs) to their PKGBUILD, although
it will also get other static libraries gone.

Any obejctions (from devs and TUs)?

Allan