[arch-dev-public] Perl 5.20 in [testing]

Florian Pritz bluewind at xinu.at
Sun Jun 1 07:55:19 EDT 2014

Hi,

Perl 5.20, as any other new perl version, requires all modules that are
not purely perl code to be rebuilt. We did that for all packages in our
repos.

For a list of upstream changes please refer to `man perldelta`.

Since users probably installed some from AUR or with
CPANPLUS::Dist::Arch, I wrote a script[1] that generates a local rebuild
list.

[1]:
https://git.server-speed.net/users/flo/bin/plain/find-broken-perl-packages.sh

 - raw.txt contains a list of files that generated an error
 - perl-modules.txt contains a list of modules the files belong to
 - perl-dists.txt contains a list of distributions
 - pacman.txt contains a list of pacman packages the files belong to

Binaries linking with libperl.so will also need to be rebuilt. You can
use lddd from devtools to find those.

If you get an error that perl-scalar-list-utils can't be found when
running -Syu install it with -S perl-scalar-list-utils. Seems to be a
bug in pacman.

Please report any issue you encounter.