[arch-dev-public] brynhild down a.k.a pkgbuild.com

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at seblu.net
Sat Mar 22 14:04:51 EDT 2014

On 22/03/2014 18:15, Ionuț Bîru wrote:
> Update, they found nothing, that's not a surprise and we always had a
> problem with it (bit flip problem from time to time).
>
> I think is time to stop using this server and get a newer one.
>
> You guys mentioned that ecc it's a must. They have ex60 now with 32gb with
> intel xeon. for 69€/mo and for an additional ip we can have ipmi access as
> well but setup is 99€
>
> My idea is to move forums/wiki/aur on this on since we struggle a bit with
> ram on alderaan and use alderaan as build box.
>
> What do you guys think?

Offers from Online.net[1] and OVH[2] seems to be better.

For the same price at Online.net[3] you have:
- No traffic limitation (!!)
- 400 Mbit/s garanteed BP
- Dell iDrac (dell web ipmi) (no additional IP is required)
- Arbor AntiDDOS protection
- 2x3TB

I have one box hosted by them, and the service is good.

[1] http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server
[2] http://www.kimsufi.com/uk/
[3] http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-pro2k14

--