[arch-dev-public] Building in a clean chroot

Johannes Löthberg johannes at kyriasis.com
Mon Jun 29 07:16:35 UTC 2015

On 29/06, Ike Devolder wrote:
>+1 for forcing build in chroot. It should be mandatory and is not hard
>at all to do. There are some edgecases where a chroot will break the
>building of a package, but we should be able to add 'exceptions' for
>specific packages (with a flag or config).

Hmm, might be worth it to documment some semi-common issues that might
arise from building in a chroot or container. Like that with projects
using tup you have to either bind in /dev/fuse from the host into the
container, or make tup generate a shell script (through an undocummented
command..)

--
Sincerely,
  Johannes Löthberg