[arch-dev-public] Long out of date packages

Sébastien Luttringer seblu at seblu.net
Mon Aug 22 20:06:33 UTC 2016

On jeu., 2016-08-18 at 11:29 +0200, Florian Pritz via arch-dev-public wrote:
> On 17.08.2016 23:30, Sébastien Luttringer wrote:
> >

> > > Is that really not enough?
> > Enough for what? If you really wanna help me, you just talk to me and offer
> > your help, but you don't send a rocket on the public list.
>
> I'm not sure why you bring this up again here since I was under the
> impression we cleared up the misunderstanding an hour before on IRC.
Florian,

I understood you both feel ignored on IRC and you decided to post here to catch
my attention. We cleared that up. Mailing list is our primary way of
communication, that's fine.

«This week I'm going to rebuild dependent packages to disable Ceph support and
then move Ceph itself to AUR».

What would happen If I was in vacation, or for some reason was not able to
answer to this mail in a so short deadline? Imagine my reaction when I came
back to «work»? I'm an active developer since years now, and I never see a
developer treat another else to remove packages he maintains (even with MIA
developers).

When I asked Bartlomiej if that behavior was inappropriate on IRC, I got a yes.
This is why I posted here after the IRC discussion and asked to never do that
again.

So, if you find removing others packages is an appropriate leverage for
communicate, I need more explanation.

Regards,

--
Sébastien "Seblu" Luttringer