[arch-dev-public] TeXLive 2017 packages are now available in [testing]

Lukas Fleischer lfleischer at archlinux.org
Wed Jun 21 17:14:45 UTC 2017

Hi Remy,

On Tue, 20 Jun 2017 at 08:24:23, Rémy Oudompheng via arch-dev-public wrote:
> TexLive 2017 has been released at the beginning of the month and is
> now packaged in [testing].
> No particular issue is expected when upgrading to this release.
>
> Note that a few packages disappear in this release, following upstream
> changes in structure:
> * texlive-genericextra (merged in texlive-core)
> * texlive-htmlxml (merged in texlive-core and formatsextra)
> * texlive-plainextra (merged in texlive-core)

I noticed one minor issue. The dblatex package still depends on
texlive-htmlxml which currently prevents dblatex users from upgrading
TeXLive. There are also some packages with makedepends on the obsolete
packages mentioned above.

The two obvious options are:

* Make the replacements of texlive-genericextra, texlive-htmlxml and
  texlive-plainextra provide the obsolete packages.

* Update the dependencies of all affected packages and make sure we move
  them from [testing] together with TeXLive 2017.

Of course, a combination of both approaches is possible as well. What do
you suggest?

Regards,
Lukas