[arch-dev-public] OpenSSL 1.0 - take 3

jan at jgc.homeip.net jan at jgc.homeip.net
Tue May 16 14:21:04 UTC 2017

Since moving on to OpenSSL 1.1 and introducing a compatibility package
openssl-1.0 (which isn't compatible), we still have FS#53836 [1] open.

I want to propose another openssl-1.0 rebuild that restores binary
compatibility with non-free software and Debian Jessie (jessie-backports) by
packaging OpenSSL 1.0.2 with 1.0.0 soname and 1.0.0 versioned symbols.

At this moment I don't care about an openssl-1.0.2 package that ships
libssl.so.1.0.2 like Debian does in unstable/testing at the moment, when
non-free software catches up with that we can introduce such a package
later.

Any objections? If not, let's make a new rebuild list and fix this.