[arch-dev-public] MariaDB 10.2.x

Christian Hesse list at eworm.de
Tue May 23 10:59:49 UTC 2017

Hello everybody,

MariaDB 10.2.6 has just been released, being the latest stable release as of
now. As we have API/ABI changes we need a rebuild of depending packages.

The main change is the library rename from `libmysqlclient.so` to
`libmariadb.so`. I would like to rename our package from `libmariadbclient`
to just `libmariadb`. Any objections?
Additionally I will remove the provide for `libmysqlclient`, which is a
leftover from when we switched away from Oracle MySQL back in 2013.

Some programs and plugins move from `mariadb` package to `mariadb-clients`
package, but most users should not notice.

Looks like we have to wait for the boost rebuild to finish. After that... Do
we want a ToDo-List or can we use an automated rebuild tool? Foutrelis?
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Best regards             my address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)