[arch-dev-public] Switching the bugtracker to Bugzilla

Giancarlo Razzolini grazzolini at archlinux.org
Wed Nov 15 02:11:49 UTC 2017

Em novembro 14, 2017 17:30 Jelle van der Waa escreveu:
> It's time to switch our to something which is maintained and can be extended to
> our wishes. Flyspray isn't actively maintained, has had several security issues [1] [2].

Being the person responsible for writing our flyspray ansible's role and having spent an
awful amount of time writing nginx redirects to overcome the fact that flyspray can't handle
decent URL's, I might be a little biased against it.

> It seems to be time to move on, and Bugzilla is one of the more active and
> maintained bugtrackers out there. Used by several big projects such as
> Gnome, LLVM and Mozilla. One of the benefits of moving would be the
> possibility of default assignees per 'component'.

I agree with the move to bugzilla. I advocated in the past for us to use something like gitlab, but
we are using github and I think we should embrace it and make it "official". But I think neither
gitlab nor github's issue trackers are that great. At least not for some of the things we do. We
can use them just fine for our projects, though.

> # Migration
>
> There are several options for migrating the bug history to Bugzilla and a few options are under
> debate. (input welcome)
>
> * No migration at all
> * Migrate open bugs
> * Migrate open bugs and auto-closing them
> * Migrate all bugs
> * Migrate all bugs and auto-closing them
>
> In either case, I believe it would be nice to "archive" the current bugtracker and make it read
> only.

I'm for starting clean and making the current flyspray read-only.

> # User migration
>
> User migration should be possible as well, except migrating the password, a mass password reset
> would be wise. Since I'm not sure what kind of old hashing method / salt flyspray uses.

Agreed.

Regards,
Giancarlo Razzolini