[arch-dev-public] packaging hunspell dictionaries converted for qt5-webengine

Jan Alexander Steffens jan.steffens at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 07:22:39 UTC 2019

On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 9:04 AM Bartłomiej Piotrowski via arch-dev-public <
arch-dev-public at archlinux.org> wrote:
> I'd go with updating all packages to ship the converted files.
> Cluttering /usr with untracked files doesn't sound good.

Yeah, I agree. I think we should package convert_dict from the Chromium
sources as a new package to makedepend on.

Assuming that WebEngine will not be the only consumer of .bdic
dictionaries, how about putting them in /usr/share/bdic, and then either
patching sources to use that dir or linking whatever engine-specific
dictionaries there?

We could also put them with the other dictionaries into
/usr/share/hunspell, assuming that won't cause problems.