[arch-dev-public] A contrib repository

Morten Linderud foxboron at archlinux.org
Thu Mar 14 00:02:38 UTC 2019

On Thu, Mar 14, 2019 at 09:46:32AM +1000, Allan McRae wrote:
> I was fairly sure any user can create a git repo on our server.  Look at
> "Developer Projects" on https://git.archlinux.org/ .
No. Luna isn't setup with the archuser role and all git operations like creating
repositories are done by hand. If you have access, I assume you can create
repositories under the `/users` directory at will.

This is why we have talked about adding gitolite to host these repositories, but
that have been somewhat stalled along with the svn->git migration talks along
with me not finishing up the role completely :x

>Or use github, where some of these scripts are already located.

I'm a bit unsure what you are trying to say. Do you want the authors to just
publicize it themselves as separate git repositories? On personal accounts or
the Arch Linux organization?

--
Morten Linderud
PGP: 9C02FF419FECBE16