[arch-dev-public] Autumn extra cleaning

Sven-Hendrik Haase svenstaro at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 05:16:14 UTC 2020

Hey everyone,

It was suggested as part of this year's spring cleanup of [community]
that we should be have a cleanup in [core]/[extra] and move packages
downwards into [community].

This round only concerns [extra] packages.

Devs that want the packages in [extra], please adopt packages, and TUs
can notify which packages they are interested to maintain in [community]

Orphaned packages in [extra]:

a2ps
aalib
abook
adwaita-icon-theme (Jan can you just take this?)
antlr2
antlr4
arch-install-scripts
asp
aspell-es
bzflag
c-ares
chromaprint
cln
cmark
convertlit
cvs
cvsps
davfs2
dcraw
enca
expac
fakechroot
farstream
fastjar
font-bh-ttf
freetds
fvwm
geeqie
giblib
gifsicle
gnugo
gperftools
graphene
gsfonts
gstreamer
gtksourceview4
gts
gupnp-igd
gv
hddtemp
hunspell-fr
hunspell-it
hunspell-ro
hyphen-fr
hyphen-it
icewm
id3lib
ifplugd
ispell
java-activation-gnu
java-bcel
java-commons-net1
java-gnumail
java-hamcrest
java-inetlib
java-jdepend
java-jline
java-jsch
java-resolver
java-rhino
joe
jpegexiforient
junit
leveldb
libatomic_ops
libkate
liblqr
libmilter
libmng
libnet
libnice
libnma
libofa
libots
libpano13
libspiro
libstroke
libtiger
libtommath
libuninameslist
libusb-compat
lua51
lua52
m17n-db
mercurial
mtools
munin
munin-node
mysql-python
mythes-fr
mythes-it
mythes-ro
nawk
netpbm
npapi-sdk
nss-mdns
ocamlbuild
opencore-amr
perl-http-daemon
pkgfile (I suggest we just drop this in favor of pacman -F)
potrace
psiconv
python2-cairo
python2-numpy
python2-ordered-set
python2-setuptools
rcs
rhino
rhino-javadoc
screen
shared-color-targets
snappy
snarf
swt
tcl
telepathy-farstream
telepathy-idle
telepathy-salut
time
tinycdb
tk
ttf-junicode
ttf-linux-libertine
uim
usbmuxd
vcdimager
vim-spell (and its 50 split packages)
w3c-mathml2
x11-ssh-askpass
x11vnc
xalan-java
xerces2-java
xine-lib
xine-ui
xmltoman
xorg-font-util
xorg-xfontsel
xorg-xlsfonts
xournalpp
yajl

Thanks to Morten for ghostwriting this. ;)

Cheers,
Sven