[arch-dev-public] RFC: Using RFCs

David Runge dave at sleepmap.de
Mon Feb 15 17:19:10 UTC 2021

Hey all,

it has been roughly two weeks since my first mail and the discussions we
have had via comments on the RFC merge request have concluded. Thank you
all for your improvement suggestions and feedback!

This first RFC is rather special, as it is meant to bootstrap the
process and introduce it for adoption (while the process is actually not
yet in place). Therefore I am skipping the "Final Comment Period" on the
issue tracker and instead move the proposal for adoption of the RFC
process back to this mailing list for ratification (aka. the final ACK
by you!).

I am assuming, that a period of two weeks (starting now) is a good time
frame to collect the final motion on this topic from many (if not all)
of you.
I would like to either merge (accept) or close (reject) the proposal
after this time frame has passed.

Please reply to this mail with an approval or disapproval of the
process, so that a consensus can be reached.

In case you have not yet read the RFC and the workflow, you can do so in
the merge request [1], or - for a better reading experience - on the
branch the merge request is created from [2].

Best,
David

[1] https://gitlab.archlinux.org/archlinux/rfcs/-/merge_requests/1
[2] https://gitlab.archlinux.org/dvzrv/rfcs/-/tree/rfc_process/