[arch-general] Multiple Kernels

ludovic coues couesl at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 17:07:49 EST 2010

2010/2/1 Xavier Chantry <chantry.xavier at gmail.com>

> On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 3:59 PM, ludovic coues <couesl at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> WAIT WHAT?
> >> http://www.archlinux.org/packages/core/i686/kernel26-lts/
> >> http://www.archlinux.org/packages/core/x86_64/kernel26-lts/
> >>

> > lts is not for everyday desktop usage.
> >

> Who said anything about desktop usage ?
> It is useful for a server. And it turns out to also be a nice fallback
> if your new kernel is very broken.
> A fallback is not for everyday desktop usage, it's supposed to allow
> you to boot and fix/report/figure out whatever problem you have with
> the new kernel.

If a remember right, the original poster was asking for an older kernel
'cause of usb trouble. I don't know what a server will do with a usb device.

And I'm agree that head kernel is the right choice, I've chosen archlinux
cause it have up to date package.
And to be on the right side when world domination will happen.

--

Cordialement, Coues Ludovic
06 148 743 42