[arch-general] high CPU temperature with 2.6.32

Dimitrios Apostolou jimis at gmx.net
Mon Jan 4 16:07:31 EST 2010

Hello,

pacman just brought kernel 2.6.32 for my old laptop (P3 500MHz). A strange
thing I noticed is that the fan won't go off when CPU is idling like it
used to. Using powertop I can see more than 100K wakeups/s
(extra_timer_interrupt is first on the list but I think it's irrelevant
since it only shows about 100 wakeups), and the CPU is
not going into C2 mode at all. Strangely however the cpu is 99%
idle, and top doesn't show "system" or "user" cpu usage.

Anyone else seeing such behaviour?

Thanks in advance,
Dimitris