[arch-general] how to Map shortcut keys in KDE4.3 to lunch custom Applications?

Gaurish Sharma contact at gaurishsharma.com
Tue Jan 26 04:16:03 EST 2010

Hi All,
I am using KDE 4.3 Desktop on Archlinux 64bit. I have query regarding
Custom keyboard shortcuts. I have few extra hotkeys on my
keyboard(Microsoft Basic wired Keyboard 500). They keys have already
mapped and few of them work too.  "Play" does play/pause in amarok.

However few keys do not work. I want to map these these to do some
actions. like I want the calc hotkey to launch a application
speedcrunch. I think this has something to with Khotkeys configration,
But I haven't been able to figure out how exactly to configure
khotkeys due to lack of documentation.

So I need your help,
 How to map Custom Keyboard Shortcuts to launch custom Application on KDE4.3?

Regards,
Gaurish Sharma
www.gaurishsharma.com