[arch-general] groupmod / pam bug - Arch hit by http://bugs.gentoo.org/300790

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Mar 1 18:03:36 EST 2010

On 03/01/2010 12:32 PM, jwbirdsong wrote:
>> Quick Question:
>>
>>    How do we change group information while this bug is there? Do we
>> disable pam
>> or do we just edit /etc/group in the interim?
>>

> Patch shadow your self w/ aforementioned gentoo patch.   works fine
> after building w/ the patch.

Will do,

	In the interim, and I know there will be howls against doing it, but I simply
edited /etc/passwd and /etc/group and set the gid to what I needed. Worked fine.
/etc/shadow doesn't appear to hold any group information so I think I found all
the needed files. Right now it is just a one user system and subsequent to the
gid change, I added the group that needed the gid with groupadd and it worked
like a champ. Anybody see any "you just broke this -- stupid..." issues?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC