[arch-general] Does anybody still have kde3 running? libpng problems preventing apps from running?

Shridhar Daithankar ghodechhap at ghodechhap.net
Fri Mar 5 03:10:15 EST 2010

On Friday 05 March 2010 12:46:04 Brendan Long wrote:
> On 03/04/2010 05:22 PM, Baho Utot wrote:
> > The only thing I really need from KDE is the  Konqueror web browser.
>
> Wait.. someone who actually likes Konqueror? Why?

because it a very good crap filter. If a website is developed against
IE/mozilla only and have rampant things running, its a very good tool to
detect that since it sticks to the standards as far as possible.

If a site does not work in konqueror, I can usually skip it. If I must use
that site(there is not a single one at the moment that does not work in
konqueror for me), then there is firefox.

These days,  firefox is for increased security. All the banking transaction
goes in firefox, rest in konqueror. But lately its been rekonq for me, instead
of konqueror.

--
Regards
 Shridhar