[arch-general] Syncing the mirrors

Florian Pritz bluewind at server-speed.net
Tue Mar 9 15:22:31 CET 2010

On 09.03.2010 14:37, Ionut Biru wrote:

>>> The real mirrors use that too?  The whole "local mirror" title kind of
>>> threw me.  I was looking at
>>> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/DeveloperWiki:NewMirrors .  My
>>> bad.
>>>

>> Afaik not every mirror uses that script and it's quite hard to reach all
>> the admins because there is no mailinglist (though I've heared it's
>> going to be set up).
>>

> are you taking from your experience or you did find a mirror that does
> store old packages? afaik only kernel.org mirror does that but they were
> contacted.

<Romashka> I'm trying to force all admins to use the same rsync options

Though that's from February and I don't what's the current status.

Multi tier mirroring is being done atm and I've edited the mirror script
from the wiki to fetch only checksums and thus being able to run every
minute which would greatly increase the distribution speed, but I still
have to test for bugs. If anyone wants to help:
http://karif.server-speed.net/~flo/tmp/mirrorsync.sh.txt

--
Florian Pritz -- {flo,bluewind}@server-speed.net