[arch-general] New Using AUR

Helgi Kristvin Sigurbjarnarson helgikrs at gmail.com
Wed Mar 24 16:45:28 CET 2010

On Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 09:34:27AM -0400, Carlos Mennens wrote:
> 2. Once a package is installed from the AUR, when I do a system
> upgrade via Pacman, will outdated packages I installed via AUR get
> automatically upgraded or do I have to do all my AUR packages
> manually?

Some people have mentioned yaourt and other tools to automate this,
but yaourt is extremly slow. I'd recommend you try clyde (it's in AUR).

It's in early stages, but it can be used just like pacman, and handles
AUR, and AUR dependencies if a package is not found in the official
repos.

--
Helgi Kristvin Sigurbjarnarson <helgikrs (at) gmail (dot) com>