[arch-general] kaffeine [sigh] is there an alternative that:...

Ian-Xue Li da.mi.spirit at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 16:10:22 CEST 2010

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 01:12:15PM +0200, Linas wrote:
> If your main problem is to create playlists for a recursive music tree,
> I guess that
> this would work with pretty much all players:
> find /path/to/music > music-list.m3u
> $PLAYER music-list.m3u
One shortcoming of this way is that you might need a expert shell script
to update the lists containing the file, plus that filename handling
needs some work with shell scripts.

Opon the original issue, I think any music player with databases would
suit the original writers need. For example, exaile.

As for MOC, I recommend cmus over MOC because it got more decoder over
different types files.

Overall, if you don't care any of the above, mpd with any suitable
player (I use ncmpcpp) is a must-try combination.

ps: xmms2 has similar configuration to mpd, but mpd is definitely more
popular.

--
李彥學 (Ian-Xue Li)
http://b4283.ath.cx