[arch-general] kaffeine [sigh] is there an alternative that:...

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Mar 31 03:12:02 CEST 2010

On 03/30/2010 01:46 AM, Joe(theWordy)Philbrook wrote:
> Since kde4 I've learned that I really need to build a playlist by
> repetitively using "File->Open URL-> NonRecursiveDir" until
> I've added each and every subdir of "PathToMusicDirTree" one at a time.
> Worse, I need to rebuild the playlist file every time I want to add or
> remove music from my files...

You know, it just really makes your wonder -- "What were they thinking??" That
combined with all the basic operations that now require ctrl+alt+shift+F11 what
used to be a simple mouse-click, has completely reinvented "finger twister".

I rarely listen to any music on a computer, but on the occasions I have, I
haven't had any problems with xmms2. I don't know what its loading capabilities
are, but if I could use it....

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC