[arch-general] USB mounted into "wrong" directory

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Fri Apr 6 06:12:18 EDT 2012

Op 6 apr. 2012 10:56 schreef "Martti Kühne" <mysatyre at gmail.com> het
volgende:

> On Thu, Apr 05, 2012 at 08:10:59PM +0200, Tom Gundersen wrote:
> >
> > Nothing should ever require you to disable automounting. The default
should
> > be not to mount new devices, anything else sounds like a bug to me.
>

> -1

I agree. If a Desktop application wants to automount devices, it's fine. Of
course, it would be nice if the user keeps control over this.

Besides the desktop environment automounting should *not* occur unless
configured by the sysadmin.

That way, everybody's happy and the system stays predictable  IMHO.

mvg, Guus