[arch-general] Wayland and Archlinux

Leonidas Spyropoulos artafinde at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 18:55:38 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 11:49 PM, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 12:27 AM, Leonidas Spyropoulos
> <artafinde at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Are there any plans for eventually adopting Wayland over X?
>
> I'm not aware of any discussions.
>
> If I understand correctly, we won't have to make a decision either
> way, we can just add support for Wayland to the various parts of the
> stack as it becomes available, and people can chose for themselves.
> That said, most toolkits and window managers are not yet ready for
> Wayland, so at the moment it is not much point in doing this (unless
> you are helping with testing/development).
>
> -t

Hey Tom-

I would be happy to do testing for wayland, and development (although
I am lacking time..). Is there some other devs interested in it? I
think we need to start with some tracking down toolkits and WM that
require some work.

Cheers
L.

--
Caution: breathing may be hazardous to your health.

#include <stdio.h>
int main(){printf("%s","\x4c\x65\x6f\x6e\x69\x64\x61\x73");}