[arch-general] Texlive package install

Vladimir Lomov lomov.vl at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 04:41:42 EDT 2012

Hello,
** Arno Gaboury [2012-08-03 09:42:48 +0200]:

> On 03/08/12||11:06, Vladimir Lomov wrote:
>> Hello,
>> ** Arno Gaboury [2012-07-31 10:23:15 +0200]:

>>> Dear list,

>>> I use Texlive + Texmaker to write some documents.
>>> I can't find an easy and solid way to install new packages from
>>> CTAN.Package tlmgr from AUR couldn't compil on my box and will not do
>>> the job.Installing manually new packages doesn't seem to be a good idea
>>> and is not very straightforward.

>>> Thank you for any advice.

>> Just two question:
>> 1. did you read the Wiki?
>>  [[https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Texlive]]
>> 2. what package are you wanted to install?

> Yes I read the WIKI maybe 5 times, and other documents.
> I was unable to makepkg texlive-localmanager-git.

Sorry, no help here, I don't use it.

> I wanted a tool to manage packages from CTAN.

AFAIK, there is no such tool.

> The package I wanted is <specfont>.

CTAN doesn't know that package, as well as `specfront', though there is
`fontspec' package.

> It is included in Texlive 2012, but doesn't work. When
> \usepackage{specfront}, Texmaker returns an error.

Exact error message? MWE?

BTW, ask TeX related questions on either tex.SE, texhax or comp.text.tex

> Btw, it is not a great deal, but other users have trouble too with the
> AUR Texlive Local Manager. Is is same as what is called <tlmgr>?

Don't know, I personally have TeX Live installed in parallel to
distribution 'texlive'.

---
WBR, Vladimir Lomov

--
Everyone wants results, but no one is willing to do what it takes to get them.
		-- Dirty Harry