[arch-general] Is there any project or interest for an new installer?

Jeremiah Dodds jeremiah.dodds at gmail.com
Sun Aug 5 16:56:14 EDT 2012

"David C. Rankin" <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> writes:

> Guys,
>
>   As I sit cobbling together script snippets to help automate the new media
> install for my use, I am curious if there is any current effort/project to
> develop a new AIF type installer? Or, is there any plan to take the current old
> AIF and update it going forward.

I've been working on fixing up AIF. I currently have basic support for
syslinux and grub-bios working, part of my aim is getting enough of an
understanding of AIF's current codebase to either clean it up well, or
pull out the good parts into a mature "third system".

My main personal interest concerns unattended installs. I am currently
using AIF successfully with the latest iso releases... there is a lot of
work that needs done on it though.

--
Jeremiah Dodds

github     : https://github.com/jdodds