[arch-general] Update on Trinity - 2 versions available R14 and 3.5.13-sru

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Aug 6 00:03:00 EDT 2012

All,

  There have been a few noteworthy developments with the Trinity project for
Arch. There will be essentially 2 versions available. The primary focus of the
project is currently on TDE 14.0.0 (R14) which is TQt3 based and due to
executable renaming, it can be installed along side kde4 without conflict. As
R14 development went forward, new updates have been continually backported to
the stable 3.5.13 branch of the GIT tree. This has resulted in a completely
updated branch of TDE 3.5.13 code which is still Qt3 based and retains all
backwards compatibility with KDE 3.5.10. This TDE branch is referred to as
(3.5.13-sru).

  The backporting of updates and patches to 3.5.13-sru has created a branch in
the GIT tree that can provide a traditional KDE3/Qt3 desktop built on all
current Arch Linux libraries. To Arch users, this is essentially kdemod3.next.

  I have binaries available for both R14 and 3.5.13-sru that I need to find
server space to host on. I have had several downloaded from my home server, but
that is just not workable. I would like to get all of the binaries available to
anyone interested for testing so that anything overlooked can be discovered and
found. (Yes - sftp://whereever now work from any file open/save dialog now :)

  If anybody knows of available server space or can let me use ~1.2G of space, I
can upload all 4 sets of packages R14.0.0/{i686,x86_64} and
3.5.13-sru/{i686,x86_64}. Let me know if you or anyone you know have some to
spare. My guess there would probably be a dozen downloads from interested
Archers. Let me know. Thanks!

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.