[arch-general] ip addr show doesn't show my ipv4 address after update, is this expected behaviour?

Oon-Ee Ng ngoonee.talk at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 03:44:14 EDT 2012

Hi, iproute2 just got updated to 3.5.0-1 (previously was 3.4.0-2),
because I use [testing].

ip addr show seems to work differently now, showing me my ipv6
assigned address by default rather than my ipv4 address (which was
what I previously got when running ip addr show.

The man page for ip-address says the command 'displays addresses and
their properties', which means it should at least show the ipv4
address as well?

I'm wondering whether this is simply an upstream change/bug, since the
man page is a bit unclear and a change in behaviour is normally
mentioned in man pages (isn't it?).

Of course, easy to workaround using ip -4 addr show....