[arch-general] offlineimap configuration encrypted pwd

Arno Gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 07:17:06 EDT 2012

Dear all,

I just finised creating GnuPG key and setting gpg-agent following the
wiki. I am a litle bit confused now about a few things and how to use my
encripted password.
First, is there any need to add in my .Xressources this line:
eval $(gpg-agent --daemon)
I don't think so, but have a doubt.

Now about the encrypted pwd. As described in Mutt wiki, I have now a
file ~/.my-pwds.gpg. The wiki descibes how to use with Mutt. My problem
is I use offlineimap, so it is in ~/.offlineimaprc I shall indicate the
encrypted pwd. Is this following line enough ?
remotepass = ~/.my-pwds.gpg
OR shall I add to this following line ?
source "gpg2 -dq ~/.my-pwds.gpg |"

I use msmtp to send, so my problem with ~/.msmtprc is same:how to use
the encrypted pwd?

I didn't find any clear answer on Google, so thank you for any help in
these settings.

Regards.