[arch-general] OT: [arch-dev-public] polkit package upgrade patch

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 12:40:35 EDT 2012

2012/8/11 Heiko Baums <lists at baums-on-web.de>:
> Am Sat, 11 Aug 2012 03:02:03 +0200
> schrieb Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no>:
>
>> Issues, serious or otherwise, belong in the bug-tracker. We have
>> surprisingly few systemd/pulseaudio bugs open, considering all the
>> noise they create on the ML.

Also surprising: a few people mentioned alternatives to systemd /
sysvinit. AFAIK none of them started a project to implement their idea
in Arch... ;)

> Is it really that hard to respect other people's opinions and wishes?
> Is it really that hard?
>
>> Sorry, I didn't realise you were being serious. Of course you
>> shouldn't delete them. If you don't use systemd they have no effect,
>> and take hardly no space.
>
> But they take space on my harddisk. And even TB harddisks can get full
> some day. And not everybody is able to afford a new one at once.
>
> And I just don't want this systemd stuff on my harddisk.

Well, it should be possible to create a system (even Arch!) completely
free of systemd tools. You'd have to rebuild some of the initscripts
and, oh yeah, fire up mknod to create all necessary devices.
As i'm sure you know, Udev is now a part of systemd.

Just my two cents.

mvg,
    Guus