[arch-general] OT: [arch-dev-public] polkit package upgrade patch

Mauro Santos registo.mailling at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 19:58:16 EDT 2012

On 12-08-2012 00:41, Baho Utot wrote:
> On 08/11/2012 07:37 PM, Mauro Santos wrote:

>>> As a non-audio-engineer trying to adjust the sound level in vlc PA keep
>>> messing up my sound level (going to full 100%) any time I tried to
>>> adjust it.
>>> Just ask my wife for conformation as she didn't like the 100% volume
>>> every time I adjusted the sound level in vlc or xmms etc.
>>> So try to adjust the volume I did.....but wait I'll get it right this
>>> time....Turn the damn thing down!!!! She screamed.
>>> Ok just let me..... TURN THE DAMN THING OFF!!!
>>>
>>> Removed PA and only using ALSA equals working properly. As a bonus there
>>> is peace in the house ;)
>>>

>> Did you try
>>
>> flat-volumes = no
>>

> No just ripped out PA.  That returned me back to what worked for me.

That might have solved that particular problem. However it is still odd
that the default is to have flat-volumes = yes, which causes system wide
jumps in volume every single time any app changes its volume.

Not very user friendly for something that aims to be easy to use :p. I
don't have any complains with the machine I use now though.

--
Mauro Santos