[arch-general] old rc.sysinit?

Jorge Almeida jjalmeida at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 17:31:44 EDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 9:22 PM, Tom Gundersen <teg at jklm.no> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 10:08 PM, Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I would like to know how Arch used to deal with some init stuff, like
>> configuring virtual consoles, initializing random seed, etc. Is there some way
>> to retrieve older versions of /etc/rc.sysinit?
>
> Sure: <http://projects.archlinux.org/initscripts.git/refs/tags>.
>
> If you have specific questions, I'd be happy to answer. The main

Thank you. I'm trying to understand which one-time tasks must be performed on
initialization, and how. I have no problem with current defaults, but
understanding /etc/rc.sysinit requires reading the source of several C files.
If you happen to remember which version was the last that didn't call a
systemd binary, great, otherwise I will start browsing.

Thanks

J.