[arch-general] old rc.sysinit?

Tom Gundersen teg at jklm.no
Tue Aug 14 18:04:23 EDT 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 11:31 PM, Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you. I'm trying to understand which one-time tasks must be performed on
> initialization, and how. I have no problem with current defaults, but
> understanding /etc/rc.sysinit requires reading the source of several C files.

Most of these (if not all) C files should come with manpages, which at
least should give you an idea. I suppose if you want a minimal
understanding, then most can be ignored. Note that booting with
init=/bin/bash works just fine, so that's how I would start in order
to understand the how things work (and then try doing whatever
rc.sysinit does manually).

> If you happen to remember which version was the last that didn't call a
> systemd binary, great, otherwise I will start browsing.

The commit that Matthew pointed to is the right one as far as I remember.

-t