[arch-general] Polkit and systemd

Manolo Martínez manolo at austrohungaro.com
Tue Aug 14 19:13:33 EDT 2012

Hello,

If I'm not wrong, systemd makes consolekit superfluous. This is what I
thought it took for polkit to work with systemd:

* compile polkit with --enable-systemd
* enable the systemd polkit service
* that's it?

But that's not it. Although polkit seems to work in console, it does not
work in X. This is not terribly surprising, because I haven't done
anything equivalent to launching my WM under "ck-launch-session", as I
used to do with consolekit. Is there an equivalent way of launching the
window manager under systemd-acting-as-consolekit?

I should explain that I'm using no display manager, and I'd like to keep
it this way, if at all possible.

Cheers,
Manolo