[arch-general] Think twice before moving to systemd

Geoff capsthorne at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Aug 15 06:37:03 EDT 2012

On Wed, 15 Aug 2012 05:09:29 -0500
C Anthony Risinger <anthony at xtfx.me> wrote:

<snip>
> it's interesting to me how so many can believe that
> OSS/distros/etc/etc are really driven and decided by the whimsical
> desires of the complete, mob-like user base.
<snip>

All points taken, and, for my own part, I do not complain about the free product
of other people's efforts.  On the other hand, I suppose that many devs take
at least some pride in the number of users who gratefully take advantage of
their work. If that is right. then they might not object to someone explaining
(politely, briefly, once), why the direction they are taking might lead the
person concerned reluctantly to use something else instead.  How they respond
to such opinions is, of course, entirely a matter for them.

Geoff