[arch-general] Personal note

Guus Snijders gsnijders at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 07:40:56 EDT 2012

2012/8/16 Vytautas Stankevičius <brotheris at gmail.com>:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 10:45 AM, G. Schlisio <g.schlisio at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Am 15.08.2012 21:43, schrieb Tom Gundersen:

[...]
>> what about cleaning arch-general by creating a new list (arch-offtopic,
>> arch-flame etc) and moving those diskussion there
>> just a spontaneous idea
>
> Why go through all this trouble creating new lists? Issue a warning
> when discussion goes nowhere, mute few selected people from "both
> sides" for a week and that's it. I believe this was done before?

As such policies would just create more bitching, it's better to teach
people how to use the "ignore thread" option from the mail client.
If that feature is not available then the program isn't very suitable
for reading mailinglists...
For those not familiar with this type of behaviour: check out the
history of the vi vs emacs wars. This kind of thing is normal for
opensource. I guess Arch has become big now.

Then again: we are already way too far from the original topic.

To Tom and Baho: sorry to see you leave, but i understand.
Good luck!

mvg,
    Guus