[arch-general] Arch-general is becoming a mess !

Tom Rand tom at tomsbox.co.uk
Thu Aug 16 10:42:12 EDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 03:29:32PM +0200, Felipe Contreras wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 3:19 PM, Vytautas Stankevičius
> <brotheris at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 4:17 PM, Felipe Contreras
> > <felipe.contreras at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> That's authoritarian.
> >
> > But it is a privilege to post here, not a right. So it is different.
>
> The authoritarianism is what makes it a privilege. If there was
> freedom of speech like in LKML, then it would be a right (kinda).
>
> --
> Felipe Contreras

look at the end of the day this is a place for archlinux support &
discussions with dev's, this is why there are policies for this & other forms of
communication with the dev's & users.
it is not about free speach or whether this is authoritarian
it is about what this place has become due to people forcing arguments which become
flame & troll fest's & get further away from policies to the point where the dev's
unsubscribe!

When that happens the ML begins to fail because of the actions of a few.

I joined this ML in an attempt to give back to the commuinity some of the small
knowledge i have by way of helping others with basic issue's they have, but the
people i have turned on to Arch have seen this here & have stated they wont bother
with the ML as it appears to be just flame wars!!!!!!!!!!!

Whether you feel your argument was justified or not is mute when a support channel
 becomes a troll & flamme fest hence why the dev's left.

all i see here recently are rants on rants which really should be taken else where.